There are several places of interest and activities close to our reserve that you can consider including in your visit to Manabí.
Here are some of the available options:
- Visit the traditional town of Montecristi, characterized by its diverse handicrafts’ shops and Ciudad Alfaro,
its museum and mausoleum built in honor of Eloy Alfaro, one of the most representative presidents in Ecuadorean history.
- Visit the beautiful beach of San Lorenzo, where you can enjoy the beach, the landscape,
a hike to the lighthouse and very possibly a magnificent sunset.
- Isla de la Plata: well known for whale watching! The humpback whales visit the Ecuadorian coasts yearly between June and August
for their reproduction. You can go in a small boat tour that takes you very close to see these spectacular whale activity.
- Machalilla National Park: where you can find the wonderful Los Frailes beach. There is also the possibility to hike in the
park and discover other hidden beaches.
- Isla Corazón (National Wildlife Refuge): a naturally heart-shaped mangrove island in front of the city of Bahía de Caráquez,
where you can observe frigatebirds.
- Archeological site Cerro Jaboncillo: a place to discover the culture of Manta from 500 AD.
- Surfing in Manta
- Kite surfing in Santa Marianita
- Paragliding in Crucita
Pacoche Lodge & Reserve has agreements with local travel agencies that can help you arrange these and other activities.
A bilingual guide and transportation are included.
If you are interested in one or more of these activities, please contact us here for arrangements.